FirstGroup America | Cincinnati, Ohio
After FirstGroup purchased Laidlaw International Inc. in a deal worth $3.6 billion that resulted in it selling on the U.S. company’s iconic Greyhound intercity service, FirstGroup America decided to relocate its U.S. Headquarters from Centennial Plaza to 600 Vine in downtown Cincinnati.
Originally, this project involved moving about 160 employees, but after months of hiring in anticipation of the new office location it expanded to include over 400 employees. Relocation Strategies Cincinnati was hired to coordinate individual department requirements, plan and control the main project schedule, manage all move events, assist in new furniture selection and acquire temporary furniture for over 150 FirstGroup employees and contractors. The selection of a commercial mover, IT support vendor, and responsibility for the decommissioning of the vacated Centennial office space also became part of our service offering.
• FirstGroup America
Scope of Services
• Move Management – Office
• Project Schedule and Coordination
• On site Project Management
• Decommissioning of Vacated Office Space
• Laidlaw Office Move from Chicago, IL.
• 93,000 SF – 400 Employees
• New Furniture Installation Coordination
• Integrating a large number of contract employees that were hired during the planning stages of the project
• Sixteen Months