Relocation Strategies was retained to execute the consolidation of multiple locations for Hanwha Techwin’s establishment of its Center of Excellence (COE) in Cypress. Hanwha had just purchased Samsung C&T Automation, Inc., the worldwide leader in high speed, high precision SMT machines, and was outfitting the COE to showcase four fully operational SMT lines.
Hanwha was relocating from two locations that had separate lease expirations, with one expiration being well before construction at the COE was sufficiently done to allow for any items. Relocation Strategies utilized offsite storage in conjunction with a series of moves to avoid holdover rent at either old location, conducted a one-time move into the COE that avoided conflict with continuing construction and executed the necessary decommissioning (including wall reconstructions and electrical removal) to meet the landlord requirements for returning the original locations.
Relocation Strategies was responsible for project coordination, the sourcing and management of movers, relocation of office and warehouse contents, including pallet racks, and decommissioning.
- Hanwha Techwin Automation Americas, Inc.
Scope of Services
- Risk Assessment
- Project Schedule and Coordination
- Vendor Selection, Management and Payment
- Interim Moves
- On-site Project Management
- Multiple Decommissions
- 25 Employees
- 16,000 SF
- Disassembly and reassembly of pallet racking.
- Relocation of inventory parts – labeled, packed and restocked per plan.
- Returned vacated premises in manner that avoided holdover rent or backcharges.
- Three Months